Monday, July 12, 2010

free stuff.

why is it that the only time people get to have parties where they are showered with gifts is right as the are doing something that may or may not be a HUGE mistake?

bridal shower
baby shower
housewarming

now don't get me wrong, i don't want to put down the idea of getting married, having a baby, or getting a new house...but say that in my life, i choose not to get married, have a baby, or buy a house.  does this mean that i don't deserve to be showered with new kitchen and bathroom accessories at any point?  does the fact that i am working, paying down my student loan, and saving money mean that i shouldn't be able to have a party where people unload new pillows and down comforters and gift cards to bed bath & beyond on me? 

at this point in my life, i can afford to just buy these things.  however, if it ever gets to a point where i don't want to pay anymore, i can't make any promises that some poor schmuck wont be the victim of my "get free gifts" scheme where i marry him (party one) and have him buy me a house (party two) and then realize its not working out 1 year and 1 month later. 

my understanding is that if you divorce within a year, you have to give the stuff back.  yeah, not gonna happen.


the only real exception here is babies, because you can't divorce a baby or foreclose on one.  once you make on you are stuck with it.  its not like in 8 months you can decide its not going to work out and then break up with the baby.  so for now i will just stay away from that area and let me friends do the work.  and as i know very well, they are doing very well with covering the baby making. 

way to make me feel left out ya fertile myrtles!

No comments:

Post a Comment